Answer Financial Volunteers During Month of Service
Dozens gathered to donate time helping their local communities at food banks, nature centers and a therapeutic horse riding academy
Encino, Calif. – July 1, 2016 In June, associates from Answer Financial®, one of the nation’s largest auto and home insurance agencies, celebrated its annual Month of Service by donating more than 600 hours of time at seven non-profit organizations across the country.
Answer Financial’s Month of Service aligns with that of its parent company Allstate, with the intention of making a concentrated impact in the community. The successful event encourages associates to give back by providing them with paid time off to vounteer in teams. The event has also inspired the development of Community Answer – a year-round program offered by the company that coordinates with non-profit organizations to give associates the opportunity to volunteer with fellow co-workers whenever they choose.
“Through events like the Month of Service and programs like Community Answer, it’s our goal to give back to our communities and to cultivate a culture of compassion that permeates into the workplace among each other, with our customers, and with our business partners,” said Jey Wagner, Vice Prsident Human Resources at Answer. “It’s a natural extension of Answer’s mission to help people protect their most valued assets.”
Throughout the month of June, Answer associates volunteered at seven non-profit organizations that are located in the communities in which the company operates: Encino CA; Knoxville, TN; Chattanooga, TN; and Ogden, UT.
- FISH Hospitality Pantries (TN): A non-profit, all-volunteer organization that currently provides food packages to more than 8,000 Knoxville families each month.
- MEND (CA): A volunteer-powered organization offering a foodbank, clothing center, health care center, job training, homeless programs and more.
- Ogden Nature Center (UT): A 152-acre nature preserve and education center with a mission to unite people with nature and to nurture appreciation.
- Ogden Pioneer Stadium (UT): A multi-purpose stadium that seats 20,000 and is host to local events such as the Ogden Pioneer Days Rodeo.
- STAR (TN): A riding academy that provides therapeutic experiences using horse-related activities for persons with disabilities or other special challenges.
- Valley Food Bank (CA): A foodbank that distributes over 1.20 million pounds of food per year to more than 150,000 hungry people.
- Wild Trails (TN): A non-profit, trail protection organization with a mission to promote a healthy and active lifestyle through trail running and outdoor recreation.
- To learn more about Answer’s volunteer efforts and these organizations, visit the Community Answer page on the Answer website. To view employment opportunities with Answer Financial, visit AnswerFinancial.com/careers or call 1-844-AFI-JOBS.
About Answer Financial® Inc.
Answer Financial, through its agencies Insurance Answer Center and Right Answer Insurance, is one of the largest independent personal lines agency operations in the nation, providing auto and home insurance policies directly to consumers and through a broad network of marketing partners. Answer Financial serves the growing segment of self-directed consumers searching for the best way to save money on insurance by providing one easy place to shop, compare, and buy insurance. By leveraging technology and partnerships with top-rated insurers including sister company, Esurance, Answer Financial can provide real-time comparison rates for virtually every consumer. Customers can purchase online or over the phone with the guidance of an insurance expert. Answer Financial is a member of the Allstate family of companies.